Modeling Baba Yaga’s Lair no. 2

This is the final model I submitted for my environmental modeling class with Joshua Tsukamoto. Shout out to him for his instruction and guidance!

mimikwan_envmod_final-render-2

If anyone needs practice in set dressing and prop modeling, this would be the project! Through the process, I learned how to use MASH and ncloth in Maya, and got some extra practice in XGen and Arnold lighting and rendering. I’m glad Joshua pushed me to add as much props in it as my time would possibly allow. I had just planned to make as many props as possible up until a week before it was due, and then concentrate on the presentation part, like cleaning up my outliner to hand off the file, and lighting and rendering the scene. Instead, I ended up making more props (such as everything on that wall with the dried flowers and dead birds) up until a day before submission, and then spent the last day to light and render the scene.

This model is still a work in progress. If you compare it to the wonderful concept art, this scene is still missing many items. See for yourself: https://leiaham.com/vasilisa-the-beautiful-in-progress/

I do plan to finish it some day, but for now, a break is in order (following the advice of the previous instructor, Juan Pablo Chen). Plus my computer is in shambles at the moment.¬† So… to be continued!

 

Advertisements